Pages

things to avoid on 4th of July

Monday, July 4, 2011


Vintage Postcard - 4th of July
Alright I get it, Independence Day, commonly known as the 4th of July, is a nationally recognized holiday commemorating the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776, declaring our final split from Great Britain. But lets be honest, the purpose of most holidays nowadays usually has nothing to do with the actual historical reference, oh no. It is merely an excuse to celebrate, and of course miss a day of work. Quite alright with me, I am not complaining, in fact I most certainly will join in the parades, barbecues, carnivals, fairs, picnics, baseball games, and crowded beaches for one day. At least I went as far as to look up the date of the adoption of the Declaration of Independence, thank you Wikipedia. This post is dedicated to the misfortunate decisions most people make on too many over celebrated holidays,
I promise I'm not grumpy...
I have just seen one to many July 4th themed posts this morning.
So, Without further adue.

1. Please avoid sock and sandals.
I understand your toes may be cold, and you just purchased a striking pair of red and blue jelly sandals, but it is simply not worth the embarrassment.
Lovely girl in a bathing costume
2. Oversized sun hats should never be a replacement for SPF 30.
Keep the up-dos simple an light, it is scorching out there, the last thing you want is
a sore neck from a 15lb. hat.
On an outing
3. There should never be this amount food dye in one slice of cake.
blue cake
4. If the firework is larger that your arm, do not treat it like a sparkler.
fireworks
5. Parents, this is NOT a belated Halloween.
You should never embarrass your kids this much. Seriously?? Buy a doll or something, and leave the 20 lb. of ruffle and bows in your sewing room.
oh my god
child photo
Happy 4th of JULY!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |